Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rave vs. Club Dancers

The best way to sum up the difference between a club gogo and a rave gogo is this:
"You should decide which type of gogo dancer you see yourself being. the 2 most common being rave or club dancers. these two are not to be confused. rave dancers can wear fur & outfits that are more ravecentric. club dancers are expected to wear gogo boots only & high heels. they dont usually wear glowing items or fur very regularly since it has become considered unprofessional. fur & boot covers can be worn on occasion but are dissapearing more & more as time goes on. I highly recommend not wearing anything to a club audition that resembles rave style outfits if you want to give yourself a real chance at landing a position. make sure you are wearing gogo platform boots & not tennis shoes. keep in mind that if you present yourself as a club dancer you will always have the option of dancing at raves later but it doesnt tend to work the other way around. " -Ms. Easy


 

When I go to a club the dancer is usually in just a bikini-type outfit and heels with a few cute accents. It's all about being sexy. That also applies to the type of dancing. Club dancers don't use glow toys and most of the time the only props used are environmental things like handles, cages, bars, and walls. One can easily tell the gogos apart from the attendees at a club/lounge- girls go to clubs wearing dresses and heels. Gogos don't wear dresses.


I notice that gogos at raves get away with wearing kandi and crazier things than club dancers. Rave gogos tend to make their costumes really elaborate with a bunch of colors and fluffies or giant platforms. It's kinda funny because the girls who get paid to dance and the girls paying to dance at a rave typically wear the same types of clothes. Girls going to raves come in with neon bra underwear sets with fuzzies and it's perfectly normal. You show up at a club in your underwear and all hell breaks loose! A rave gogo will also incorporate stomping, shuffling, tutting, etc. as well as use glow sticks, poi, orbits, and other toys.

 





Technically I am a club dancer and I should probably always wear heels when I dance, but I love my fluffies. I waited WAY TOO LONG before getting my first pair because I did not want people to consider me a "raver". Then I realized I shouldn't care. It's the only way I can wear a dress or something sexy while still wearing sneakers and not look crazy. Well, I guess fluffies look a little crazy ;) But I'd never wear kandi while dancing on stage. Sometimes I'll use an LED hoop, but frankly I need to get better before I bust that baby out again. I think both types of dancing styles and outfits are awesome in their own ways and most dancers mix them anyway.

<3 Pineapple

4 comments:

  1. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. rave clothing

    ReplyDelete