Monday, February 28, 2011

The Beauty of Youtube GoGo Dancing Videos

I just started working as a gogo dancer less than two months ago. However, since I am addicted to documenting everything that goes on in my life (through writing, photos, videos, etc.) I thought it'd be fun to start a blog about it!

There are soooo many things I want to write about... I don't even know where to start. First of all, the girls I work with are all amazing and I feel so lucky to be a part of the team!!!

That being said, I decided that my first post is going to be about youtube dance videos because they really truly helped me become a much better dancer. I've always been dancing but being not so confident made it a lot less fun. No wonder most guys don't like to dance. Going to a lot of different clubs, shows, and raves definitely helped get me out of my shell. Once confident enough to enjoy myself, I still just danced like any other person at the club. I wasn't really aware of my body and either had my hands at my side or in my hair. I looked kind of, well, boring.

October of 2010 was the start of me trolling the internet trying to find a decent example of quality gogo dancing. Let me just say, what a task that was!! Most gogo dancing videos consist of a girl shaking her ass and sloppily wiggling around. Though I must say I certainly learned what NOT to do...
(Not trying to insult the girls dancing... just an example of what too much ass shaking looks like)


Once I found a few good videos I'd watch them and pick out what I liked and what I didn't. I tried to copy a few moves but it looked like shit because it just wasn't natural. Trying to imitate someone's dance style doesn't look good or feel good. I still watch videos because they continually give me inspiration and make me excited to dance.

These were just a few I liked:








Here are a few things I also want to include in here:
(Tell me which one to do next and if you have any other ideas let me know :)

-Advice on becoming a gogo dancer
-Shuffling vs. Hardstyle dancing, tecktonik as well
-Other people you work with (promoters, photographers, owners, etc)
-Hooping with LED hoops and fire
-What I did BEFORE auditioning
-Difference between a good dancer and a bad one
-Types of street dancing
-What people think about gogo dancers and why
-Two types of gogo dancers: club dancers vs. rave dancers
-Outfits (pros and cons)
-Body image and "dancer type" bodies
-Dancing to dubstep/ hardstyle/ DnB
-Music and dancing styles that go with them
-Other skills to enhance your performance
-The auditioning process
-Drama that comes with the fun

Well, this concludes my first post!
<3 Pineapple

2 comments:

  1. Hi can you do "-Difference between a good dancer and a bad one" next? And also "Outfits (pros and cons)"? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete